½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
salt and pepper to taste
8 asparagus spears
1. Bring broth, lemon juice and ginger to a boil in a small pan. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to ¼ cup. Strain, add salt and pepper.
2. Steam asparagus until tender, about 6 minutes.
3. Place asparagus on a plate, drizzle with sauce.
1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
4 oz. sliced prosciutto
4 oz. cream cheese
1.Preheat oven to 375. In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus for about a minute then drain it well.
2. Lay out a slice of the prosciutto and spread spread with about a teaspoon of the cream cheese, then roll it around an asparagus spear.
3. When they’re all rolled up, place on a sheet tray and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. You want the asparagus still crisp and the prosciutto kind of crinkly. Place on a serving tray and enjoy.